Help us bring home Rose

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Long Break...Bad News....Good News

I haven't posted for a while for several reasons.
-I have been trying to use my time more efficiently in the evenings when the kids go to bed.
*I am trying to workout-right now doing INSANITY workout-LOVE IT!!!
*I have a goal of reading through the Bible in 90 days....lofty goal....I know!! Biblegateway.com has lots of different reading plans and I have tried others and thought this would go alongside my workout goal too.

-Last week we were told we might not be able to go forward with our adoption and turn in our dossier because of my age.(I am under the 35) We knew this was a gamble but thought from Haiti's previous waivers, we would be ok. After waiting a couple of days(which seemed like forever for us), we were told that we COULD turn in our paperwork when Travis turns 35 in June.
Our hearts are overflowing with gratefulness!
We are also saddened by how this strict rule affects good Christian families who want to bring home children.
So even though our paperwork is done(well actually we will have to redo 2 documents to reflect travis age being 35) and God PROVIDED ALL THE MONEY WE NEEDED to turn in.....we are waiting til June to turn it in. I am still in AWE how God does it!!! Who he uses.....when.....how.......
A big THANK YOU! to the family*you know who you are* who so graciously gave the remainder we needed. It is so humbling to be on the receiving end.
We also received a grant from our church's Orphan Minsistry-Thank you!!!!!I hope many other families can benefit from this ministry as well.
This week has been a week of rollercoaster emotions, but I feel like we have walked through a valley and were able to see God through it all. Every valley we go through brings us closer to Him and it's easier and easier to Praise Him through the good times and the bad times. He brings us joy despite our circumstances. He is faithful!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great post, thank you for sharing.
    We are walking through a valley right now with our adoption process and I'm wondering were God is leading us.

    You have a beautiful family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although you have to wait.....I AM SOOO EXCITED YOU can still move forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praying as your journey continues!!!!

    I think my workout routine right now is pack, pack, pack, pack, and oh yeah, more packing.... :) he he he- it's kicking my backside too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! Thanks for sharing. I'm enjoying it.
    www.rebeccabany.com
    http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/becbany

    ReplyDelete