Help us bring home Rose

Monday, November 9, 2009

Package for Addis







We mailed off a little package for Addis. We can only send what can fit into a gallon size bag. I was shocked by how small it was but we were able to fit what we wanted to send.(except for me, of course)

A doll, a blanket, and a little photo album with pictures of us in it. I hope she likes it!!

We hope the pictures of us will help her not be so scared when she sees us for the first time and the blanket has our "scent" so hopefully it will be familiar to her when we hold her.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






On Saturday I went to Fargo to learn how to do Addis' hair. It was a blessing to be around so many adoptive families and children. It was neat to learn about how to care for her hair and ways to fix it. Very encouraging to be around families who "get it".



I can't wait to get her in my arms and cuddle and play-and now do her hair. I am curious how long her hair will be when we finally get there and to see the texture and curliness of her hair.....WE CAN'T WAIT!! Well, of course we have to wait and trust in God's timing......but we are so excited!!!






-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Please continue to pray for her health, she is doing better since at HH but our international ped. is concerned she might be flagged when going through the testing to leave the country. We are hoping to hear soon, this week, on what we can possibly do to avoid this delay.




3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you. Have you found out her size yet? Are you getting regular emails about her. I am so excited for you!!! I must admit that I can't wait for my turn. I will live vicariously through you for awhile if that is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is flagged? We will continue prayers!!! Hoping we both hear more about a court date....soonish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess flagged is not the right word-because of her medical issues, she could be delayed in coming home when they test her. We are waiting to hear from CDC and our int. Ped. what they think.

    ReplyDelete